Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Kent was in Austin this weekend for school so we drove two and a half hours to join him for Trick-or-Treating. I forgot my camera while we were out so I took some pictures in our hotel room.

Kara and Kati Mae wore their dance recital costumes. I was glad to get another use out of them since they were so expensive and only used once.


Kati only had her eyes half opened in every picture I took. I guess it was a bad picture day.
Kyli came up with her costume idea and sewed it all by herself. She's corn on the cob. The print is hard to see, but it really is a corn print material.

This is my favorite costume for Kipp. Being a Whoopie cushion fits his personality so well.

Even though we didn't go to very many homes, the kids still made out with the candy. So many people gave them hand fulls so they wouldn't have left-overs. One couple even went back into their home to get their last two bags and divided them amongst our kids. They were thrilled. Apparently the neighborhood we picked was having a slow night of Trick-or-Treaters. It was really sad. I remember when I was a kid and the streets were so crowded with children.


I'll have to add the picture that Kent and I got from the Trunk-Or-Treat after I scan it in since I forgot to have the kids take pictures of us. Kent's favorite holiday is Halloween so we always dress up. This year we were Woody and Bo Peep from Disney's Toy Story.

2 comments:

Klare said...

Love the costumes! We had a slow night ourselves! Darren was giving out handfuls to the kids, they were very happy about it. :)

Jill said...

Kent is very blessed to have a family that would travel so far to go trick-or-treating in a foreign place. I'm glad it was successful.