Since we've been in a complete upheaval with all the construction we forgot about the boat until the day of the race. I was so relieved when it was finished only minutes before the race began. I spent all day while Kipp was in school, painting and letting each coat dry. It's a good thing there was a breeze today.
Once we got to the church Kipp quickly put on some stickers and he was ready to go.


It took some practice blowing on the sail to get the best propulsion down the water.
One of the boys had a top-heavy boat that wouldn't stay upright and Kipp quickly offered his boat for him to use. I was really impressed with his generosity. However, it made me nervous for him since the rutter was loose and ready to fall off. We managed to keep his boat together with some alterations.


While they were trying to figure out who the winner was they let siblings race the sailboats. Kati was so excited to be able to race. She did amazingly well.


No comments:
Post a Comment