Friday, October 24, 2008

Making Progress

Our home is slowly coming back together. However, I'm so tired of hanging around the house waiting for the workers to come and go. I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever coming on. I can't run errands, go grocery shopping or anything. I don't even like to talk on the phone because I feel like my conversation is on display for everyone to hear.

Our bathroom was the first to get worked on. We were already in the middle of remodeling when the hurricane hit. That's why it wasn't totally painted behind the toilet.

The kids loved helping with the demolishing.


I'm so glad to have a slate floor instead of carpeting.
The little corner seat isn't a seat. I thought having a bench in the shower was a waste of space so I didn't want one. However, I still needed a place to prop up my foot to shave my legs. So there you have it....a little foot bench.


We also had a second shower head installed on the opposite side of the shower.
I love my new shower!!



We have new ceilings and walls all over the house. It's hard to tell what you're looking at in these pictures, but that's what it is.



Everyday there was more and more plastic. It was beginning to be less fun taking pictures of it. I felt like we were living in a bubble and I hated it. This is the entry way. By the time they were done it had a circle of plastic up the wall, across the ceiling, down the next wall and taped all across the floor. It was very difficult going from room to room. I'm so glad it's over. It was much harder to live in the house with the construction then I thought it would be. I never want to go through that again.

No comments: