Friday, May 23, 2008

Now that I finally bought a card reader for my camera I can download the pictures we've recently taken.

A couple months ago, when the weather was still cool, we went camping. We found a wonderful place to go that was only an hour and a half drive. Kent had to travel to Dallas the day we left so the kids and I headed out without him. After returning from Dallas he flew to a nearby airport the following day where we picked him up. While we waited for him to land the kids enjoyed a swing.

On our way back to the campsite we went to the Prison Museum.


We really liked the place we camped because there were so many things to do. The kids really enjoyed fishing. I was amazed at their ability to hook a live worm. That is still something I refuse to do. The day we used hot dogs for bait was the only day I helped with baiting.

The highlight of Kipp's trip was catching a dead fish. He managed to hook a fish that was floating by the pier, then with the help of another little boy, he hooked it by the mouth for the picture.


Kyli cleaned her first fish.


We rode our bikes everywhere we went. It was a little challenging with fishing poles in our hands but we managed. This picture is from our 1.3 mile ride to the horse stables.

Kati entertained herself while waiting for our trail ride.



3 comments:

Klare said...

What fun. I would skip on cleaning the fish though, doesn't sound to fun to me. ;) We need to go horse back riding as a family. I know my girls would love it, I always loved it too. I have wanted to go for years, Darren could care less. Or at least that is how he acts about it towards me.

Jill said...

I love reading about your awesome vaction. It makes me really want to go camping. We haven't been since Jayden was born and that is soooo sad. We used to go a couple of times a year. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I can't believe how big your kids are. I remember them being my kids ages....does that mean mine will be all grown up soon?!! :0(